winter sun

winter sun

Thursday, March 4, 2010

There's nothing like a doctoral thesis to get your blood boiling and your brain questioning everything you've ever known. What I like about this is the deep thinking that challenges me to discover what it is that I'm really interested in. ...I'll let you know when I figure that one out (I mean besides being naturally curious about everything). ...for now I want to know what it is about design that affects people. Here's an example. See it? You'd see it all over the place if you were looking at the typography on this page. This ' is a mark representing the measure of feet. It is not an apostrophe. Why can't I have a simple apostrophe on the web? Why? bek

3 comments:

  1. Beth,

    I wish you well with this Blog.
    I like the picture as well.

    Best Regards,
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can.

    http://www.fontshop.com/blog/?p=1661&utm_source=NewsletterFeb2410&utm_medium=email&utm_content=LearnMore&utm_term=em&utm_campaign=FF52Web

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivana--THESIS? no. DISSERTATION!

    ReplyDelete